Our local businesses need our help! Covid-19 has wreaked havoc on our economies and many small businesses are closing their doors for good with many more on the cusp. Small businesses are fragile – most only have 1-3 months of cash in reserve. Although governments have offered loans, grants and flexible financing solutions to small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is not enough.
Buying within your community has many benefits besides the shear convenience factor.
- Puts money back into the community that you live in.
- Businesses are owned and operated by your neighbours.
- Provides employment opportunities to people in your community.
- Small businesses tend to support other small businesses for supplies or financing keeping money in the community.
- Smaller carbon footprint than larger businesses.
- Businesses are more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to non-profits.
Ways to support local businesses:
- Purchase gift certificates – treat yourself or others!
- Write a review.
- Like, comment and share on Social Media.
- Shop Local – Online. Many local shops have an e-commerce presence.
Remember there are real people behind these stores and if we want them to be around later – we need to support them now!
Want to decrease your carbon footprint? Read our latest blog: Environmentally Friendly Products To Try And Companies To Support.
Do you love keeping up with Savant + Sage? Follow us on Instagram for more news, articles, interviews, and more!