Pomegranates are juicy, delicious, and in season! 😍
🙌🏼 They also come with a myriad of health benefits + have been used in traditional medicine for 1000s of years.
🦠 As we head into flu season, keep in mind pomegranate seeds, with more than 100 phytochemicals (fight bacteria + viruses), boost your immune system!💪🏻
❤️ Did you know the fruit’s bright red colour comes from a high concentration of polyphenols? They are powerful antioxidants that help remove free radicals, protect cellular health, and reduce inflammation.
❗️Studies show pomegranates can help protect against:
- 👉Viruses: Has Vit C (1 pomegranate has 40% of your daily intake), Vit E + K, and is a good source of folate, potassium, protein + fibre.
- 👉Alzheimer’s Disease: can slow it’s process + protect memory
- 👉Digestive issues (like Crohn’s, colitis, IBS…): reduces gut inflammation, improves digestion + constipation
- 👉Joint inflammation: can slow Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis…
- 👉Heart Disease: can improve blood flow and slow cholesterol build up
- 👉Fertility Issues: reduces oxidative stress that causes infertility + can increase testosterone (sex drive)
- 👉Injury: helps heal tissue damage caused by exercise + helps with strength recovery
- 👉Diabetes: may decrease insulin resistance + lower blood sugar
- 👉Placenta damage: may protect the placenta + help with development of infant’s brain
🙋🏻♀️The downside? Splattering the juice all over your clothes when cutting into the thick skin and the time it takes to peel the seeds. But so worth it once you dig in!
As we head into flu season, now more than ever it’s important to make sure we’re taking care of health! Learn the recipe to our favourite + delicious Elixir that will boost your immunity this winter.
Want more Savant + Sage? Follow us on Instagram!